El Salvador Encounter
El Salvador Encounter is a faith-based delegation experience where participants learn from the Salvadoran people about their lives, histories, and hopes for the future. A major focus of the encounter is to reflect on the meaning of working for justice rather than working for charity, understanding one’s role as a global citizen and humanizing the different issues that are present in our societies.
El Salvador e-Encounter
The El Salvador e-Encounter is an in-depth learning experience for anyone wanting to learn about El Salvador. A typical e-Encounter is five days long with three sessions every day, and offer participants the opportunity to have conversations with different speakers, grassroots organization leaders, rural community members, and youth groups, to learn and humanize.
CRISPAZ allowed students of the University of Scranton to listen and learn with the people of El Salvador. Together we were able to live in solidarity and grow our perspectives on faith, service and international relations.
CRISPAZ values the idea of accompaniment in everything they do. I not only visited a new and different country and was able to experience a beautiful culture, but they also allowed me to work and learn alongside the people of El Salvador. The lessons you learn and the stories you hear while on an Encounter with CRISPAZ are useful in my daily life when trying to be a global citizen and a good Christian.
CRISPAZ opened my eyes to the realities of others. My immersion reminded me that there is still a great deal of work to be done but through awareness and love, a great deal can be accomplished. CRISPAZ truly opened my eyes to the world.
CRISPAZ is a wonderful organization that made my experience in El Salvador very special and powerful. All of our activities helped me to understand some aspects of life in El Salvador and they helped shape my worldview today. My time in El Salvador helped make me the person I am and want to become.
CRISPAZ works towards ensuring all participants have diverse and impactful experiences during their visits. They are very intentional in their organization in designing and tailoring your itinerary to meet the experiences you want to gain through activities, site visits, and conversations with a diverse group of speakers.
Enim ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Dignissim diam quis enim lobortis scelerisque fermentum dui faucibus in. Consequat id porta nibh venenatis cras. Placerat orci nulla pellentesque dignissim enim sit amet venenatis urna. Lorem donec massa sapien faucibus et molestie ac. Morbi non arcu risus quis varius quam quisque id diam. Id cursus metus aliquam eleifend mi in nulla posuere sollicitudin. Urna condimentum mattis pellentesque id nibh tortor. Varius vel pharetra vel turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed. Ut lectus arcu bibendum at varius.
Gravida arcu ac tortor dignissim convallis aenean et. Nunc vel risus commodo viverra maecenas accumsan. Ac orci phasellus
egestas tellus rutrum.
- LeMoyne College, Syracuse, NY
- Marian University, Indianapolis, IN
- Detroit Mercy University, Detroit, MI
- The University of Portland, Portland, OR
- The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC
- Fordham University, Bronx, NY
- Canisius College, Buffalo, NY
- University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
- Loyola University, Baltimore, MD
- St. Joseph University, Philadelphia, PA
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- Boston College the School of Theology and Ministry, Boston, MA
- The Dominican University of California, San Rafael, CA
- The University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH
- Union Theological Seminary, Manhattan, NY
- University of Detroit Mercy Detroit, MI
- The Jesuit Center at the University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- St. Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco, CA
- Brebeuf Preparatory High School, Indianapolis, IN
- Detroit Mercy Jesuit High School, Detroit, MI
- St. Francis High School, Mountain View, CA
- Moeller High School, Cincinnati. OH
- Luther College High School, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Caroll High School, Dayton, OH
- Mount Notre Dame High School, Cincinnati, OH
- St. Mary’s Student Parish – Catholic Campus Ministry at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Covenant United Methodist Church, Spokane, WA
- St. John the Baptist Church, Harrison, OH
- St. Michael’s Church, Ft. Loramie, OH
- St. Rita’s Church, Solon, OH.
- Clemson United Methodist Church Clemson, SC
- The Ignatian Solidarity Network
- Equal Exchange, Boston, MA
- Urban Catholic Teacher Corps of Boston College
- Principals Association of Victorian Catholic Secondary Schools, Victoria, Australia
- University of Central America – UCA
- Programa Velasco
- Center for Arts and Peace – CAP
- Servicio Social Pasionista -SSPAS
- Mujeres Transformando
- Organizacion de Mujeres Salvadoreñas por la Paz – ORMUSA
- Centro Ignacio Ellacuria/Casa de las Americas – UCA
- Centro Pastoral Scalabrini – Casa del Migrante
- El Papaturro, Cuscatlán
- Guarjila, Chalatenango
- Arcatao, Chalatenango
- Carasque, Chalatenango
- Las Flores, Chalatenango
- Santa Marta, Cabañas
- Parroquia San Cristobal, Cuscatlán
- Parroquia Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, Soyapango
- Parroquia Santa Cruz, Soyapango